Sooo….the “time change” kinda got us this morning. We kind of got off to a late start. But in getting to the hospital, we found out that the doctor was in the middle of putting in his chest tube. They came out to the waiting room to inform us that the first attempt did not drain ANYTHING. Mmmm, that was a lil confusing and frustrating. They said they were going to do an ultrasound and see why. They tried again and got it (yes, this means they pierced his side twice….and while they did give him morphine and fentanyl, no, they didn’t numb the area. yikes.). They pulled off over 50ml of fluid, and it is still draining!
Leah actually left for the afternoon to meet up with her Dad here in Indy for a Volleyball Tourney. Her Dad coaches Volleyball, and Leah was actually planning on doing it with him these past few months….until all of this. This was really good for her to get away for a moment to be with her Dad and relax with a sport she is so comfortable with and skilled in (yeah, I’m bragging about my wife).
Sooo, I set up my “mobile office” in a chair in Beckett’s room. It was challenging to concentrate with nurses and doctors walking in and out along with Beckett constantly squirming and me just trying to settle him down for him to then just do it all over again. It was worth it though, just difficult to concentrate and stay very productive.
Beckett is honestly doing sooooo much better. He looks much better, even better than this afternoon. He seems awfully relieved (to have the fluid gone), and I really do think we are back on the road to recovery. I am so legitimately proud of him. He was truly such a trooper today and handled it very well! But don’t give up on us…you’ve seen the silly lil games Beckett likes to play with us. Oh, and we will try to post another picture again soon…he just hasn’t really been lookin’ 100% as of late.
Lastly, please pray for a neighboring baby and her family. We were just informed that the Doctors don’t feel as if there is anything more they can do for her and had the difficult conversation with the parents to possibly “pull-the-plug” (sorry for how course that sounds, I’m not quite sure how else to say it). Though we’ve been awfully close to that point ourselves, we have yet to actually get to that point (and hopefully never!). I cannot imagine how that family is feeling. So, again, please pray for them too. This is very heavy on our hearts tonight. God can heal this baby. So let’s pray for healing and comfort for that family.