June 25, 2013

UPDATE (7/25/13)

Wow….we’re home. This is genuinely surreal. We didn’t really post an official update yesterday, but as you could have possibly gathered from the few statements I posted, there was a sincere threat that we may not actually get to go home. We were packed and literally just sitting in Beckett’s room….waiting….for hours. Needless to say, we were all a little fidgety. Well, I should speak for myself…I was truly beyond fidgety. I don’t know if it was the wait of 7 months culminating down into the final few hours….but my goodness, I was antsy. We had a photographer with us and a few videographers. We were estimated to leave as early as 1:00pm, so that’s when they all showed up. The videographers mentioned that they really should leave to head back home by around 4:00pm….well, 4:00pm came and went, and they stuck around (as-well-as the photographer). Then 5:00pm came around, and we were still waiting on just one phone call from insurance to approve a med. We eventually decided to “call it”, and I walked the videographers to their car. As they were getting ready to pull away, my wife called me with the news that we got approved!! The pharmacy was gonna close in a few minutes, so I rushed to get Beckett’s meds, and we literally strolled out of the hospital! Some NICU nurses met us down in the lobby, and the moment got a little emotional (big surprise, huh?).

Sooo, off we went…on our way home! ….finally. Leah and I kept echoing one another with the phrase “is this seriously happening” (or something similar). As we approached, we were greeted with some friends and family. Once again, it was quite emotional….and amazing!!

So, wow! What a roller coaster of a day. Last night was fairly restless for us. I tried to take over most of the responsibilities in the middle of the night with meds and feeding so Leah could sleep. But Leah certainly helped when I needed it.

Beckett’s been awfully sleepy. He’s actually been sleeping most of the day and most of the night. However, most of the times (not all of the times) once he was awake he’d get awfully mad. He’d be happy, then choke, then gag, and then it would be all downhill from there! Leah and I are trying to not get too worried about it, but it seems to be happening a lot. We’re getting visited by a nurse tomorrow morning, and we’ll have a chance to get any of our questions/concerns answered. All-in-all, he’s currently doing great! Soo, thanks for the prayers, and please…please keep ’em coming!

Another cool little update, our HeartOfBeckett website has only been live for about 6 months, and yesterday…the day we finally came home, we actually breached over 100,000 hits! That’s crazy! Now, that’s not 100,000 people, but of everyone following Beckett’s amazing lil story, we’ve all accessed his site over 100,000 times! Unbelievable!

Lamentations 3:22-24
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”


One thought on “June 25, 2013

  1. child of God says:

    Thank You Father!! Praying that all will be well at home and you both will manage just fine.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: