Sorry these past few updates are so brief….but that should be translated as a good thing, as there is not much to really update y’all on (in comparison to the past few months).
– Beckett’s direct bili has come down once again! Love it!
– They did his test today and discovered some lingering sludge (yes, “sludge” is the technical term they actually use with me). So they’ve decided to keep the tube in for now and flush it with saline ever so often (on a schedule), but the tube may come out as soon as tomorrow or Wednesday if his numbers continue to improve like they are.
– They will be reevaluating his overall game-plan either tomorrow or Wednesday now (which we are clearly eager to hear).
– They did, and have, adjusted a few of his meds today from IV to oral….which concerns Leah and I. However, we have obviously shared our concerns and have warned them what to be on the lookout for. He can’t stay on these IV meds forever….soooo, here we go again. :-\ They assured us that they will go “slow”….sooo, we’ll just take it a day at a time and see what happens.
– I surprised Leah tonight and had all of Beckett’s decorations hung for when she got back from a long day of work. …..I could tell it made her happy. Just tryin’ to make things a lil homier, ya know?
More miraculous updates are to come….I just know it! #perspective
— with Leah ‘Whiteley’ Rupp at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health.
Smiling…smiling…smiling! Wonderful to hear that Beckett’s bilirubin is continuing to come down. And what a thoughtful husband you are to put up Beckett’s room decorations as a surprise for Leah. I bet they look good to Beckett too. Continuing in daily prayers for your family. Way to go Beckett! And cannot forget to say thank you to our Heavenly Father.
Praying that all these adjustments will work out for the benefit of Beckett. Continuing to lift you all up to the Lord!
God is good all the time! (If only our selfish souls would have patience to wait:) )
I love being able to share your struggles and praises with my co-workers…we are all praying for Beckett but also the strength as parents to watch your child go through all this, only by Gods grace can it occur!
Riley is a fabulous Heart Care Hospital. with their devoted cardiac floor and Cardiac ICU beds, they have really come a long way since we were there with our daughter. Our daughter has HRHS, she is 13 now 🙂 We were given the link to your page by friends from Bethel College who asked us to pray, and I just wanted to stop and give you some encouragement and hope today! God is good all the time!
Just wanted to share a cute story with you. Today Anna was pretending to talk on her phone (Daddy’s old cell phone) and she was whispering words but then I heard “Jonathan, Leah…” and continued whispering. She also asked me to help her write all three of your names in chalk as we were playing outside the other day. She asks to see Heart of Beckett daily and loves looking at pictures of Beckett -old and new. She usually says “Awwww Beck-ee!” (She adds the “ee” sound to anything she finds endearing.) =) A reminder that you are still being thought of and upheld in prayer in the Zimmerman home! Praise God for how His healing hand is on Beckett! =) He will continue to give you the strength you both need too! You are wonderful parents, loving Beckett with all you have and I believe God smiles as he knows you continually come to and press into Him no matter your circumstances. As Anna says “We love Jonathan, Leah and Beckett.” Yes we do! =)