October 5, 2016

UPDATE (10/5/16)

I don’t know if you all saw my first “MAJOR UPDATE” post from earlier this morning…but the “madness” continues. Beckett’s surgery was cancelled today to be rescheduled at a later date because 2 critical patients needed our surgeon’s attention more than Beckett. As Leah and I have had a few minutes to reflect, we were happy to step aside as those “critical patients” use to be Beckett. We were the ones sliding in on others, I’m sure….probably numerous times. We have a lot to be thankful for 3.5 years later, and as much as this was an inconvenience on many accounts, it’s trivial with proper perspective.
Anyway…we live about an hour and 20 minutes from Riley Children’s Hospital….literally while we were pulling into our driveway the hospital called and wanted to know if we’ve left Indy yet. They looked at Dr. Brown’s schedule for next week and he is extremely booked, so, they were wondering if we could come back down tomorrow (10/6/16) to do the surgery at noon. Of course we said yes, but as you can imagine we are a bit (e)motion-sick from this week/today. Unfortunately tomorrow isn’t necessarily a guarantee as they used the words “we’re going to try to squeeze him in a noon.” Soooo….I guess we’ll just keep you all posted. Sorry for the roller coaster, but if you are new to the “Beckett-Ride” you unfortunately begin to get use to it after a while. Thanks for hanging in there with us.


5 thoughts on “October 5, 2016

  1. Jerriene Woodrow says:

    We have been here since before Beckett was born and we are intending on stay to hear that he has graduated from college and more. Love you all. jw

  2. Sharon Crigger-Stokan says:

    Wow! It is hard to ride such a roller coaster, yet we do with God’s help. Praying for you all with this tentative time frame filled with emotions and especially praying for ‘the peace of God which passeth all understanding’ for you all! Be assured of my prayers tomorrow as well!

  3. Holloway, Cindy says:

    Oh so discouraging, but oh so good to know God’s got this and you. We may never know if there might have been a Higher Purpose for this delay, but He knows ☺ Praying for your peace and comfort. THX for keeping us all in the loop. Love you all!

    Cindy for the Holloway clan

  4. Kendra Tyler says:

    thinking of you guys and sending lots of love, prayers and gekko power 🙂

  5. Sharon Crigger-Stokan says:

    11:36 on 10-6-16…in prayer for your sweet boy, the surgeons and you both…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: